New A6300 Auto ISO Question

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlphaTommy New Member • Posts: 3
New A6300 Auto ISO Question

Hi,

Prior to purchasing the A6300 I had an A57 and shot a lot of stills. I upgraded to the A6300 for it superior autofocus (especially with moving subjects) as I have 2 small children. I have been using the 16-50 kit lens (the only one I have so far) in Sport Scene Mode to capture my daughter on bright sunny days either jumping on a trampoline or into a lake. This mode forces the camera to shoot at 1/2000. Even though there is plenty of available light, I find that the camera has sometimes selected an ISO as high as 2000 which greatly overexposes everything.

I have also been using shutter priority mode at 1/1000 (AF-C, Area Set to Wide with drive mode set to Hi) and I find that the ISO can vary during a continuous burst of shots. For example, my daughter was jumping and the ISO fluctuated between 400 and 640 over the burst of approximately 14 shots.

Being new to higher speed burst photography of moving objects (my children), I am wondering if the AUTO ISO selection represents typical behaviour for the A6300 or do I have an issue? This forum was extremely helpful in my decision to purchase the camera and I appreciate the time taken to read this question and any responses in advance.

Tom

Sony a6300 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow