On Why the D850 is Revolutionary

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
syberman7 Contributing Member • Posts: 847
Re: On Why the D850 is Revolutionary

bobn2 wrote:

L Copps wrote:

Iain G Foulds wrote:

... Stan: That is right. If a new model of car came out, and it was 30% faster with 30% better gas mileage, and a long list of serious innovations and upgrades, it would unanimously be considered a revolution. But, apparently, not with cameras...

-- hide signature --

... "The difference between a good picture and a mediocre one is a question of millimeters- small, small differences." Henri Cartier Bresson

If NR is correct, the DR would be a step back from the D810. Not good for landscape photographers.

I'm wondering why that would be. The D800/D810 used the same sensor which used the pixel design from the D7000's sensor. Looks like the D850 uses the pixel design from the D500. In which case

How can a 45.75 MP FX sensor be the same pixel pitch as a 20.66 MP DX sensor? See my post above.

, looking at Bill Claff's excellent site:

I'd much rather see a meaningful evolution of the D810. Not a jack of all trades and master of none.

It is a meaningful evolution. Some more pixels, better AF, faster frame rate, bigger VF, swivelly LCD.

-- hide signature --

Tinkety tonk old fruit, & down with the Nazis!
Bob

syberman7's gear list:syberman7's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Nikon D810 Olympus E-M1 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Yxa
Yxa
(unknown member)
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow