On Why the D850 is Revolutionary

Started Aug 12, 2017 | Discussions thread
Bill Ferris
Bill Ferris Senior Member • Posts: 2,909
Re: On Why the D850 is Revolutionary

StanyBuyle wrote:

L Copps wrote:

I ..........

But its starting to look like Nikon is building a camera not only to be a successor to the D810, but supplant the D500 as well. Most of the time, a "do everything" camera is never as good as the sum of its parts: the D810, and D500.

I don't remember a "do everything DSLR" from Nikon before.... Having 46Mp and 9fps in one camera is nothing but fantastic. From sports over landscape to wildlife and macro, all in one. a dream to me.

Kindest regards,

Stany

The D3 and D700 were do-everything DSLRs that, for a time, we're also Nikon's highest resolution cameras. Neither could record video. It is within this context that the Canon 5DII can rightly be described as revolutionary. Not only did the 5DII deliver excellent performance as a still photography camera it expanded a photographer's repertoire to include video production...something the flagship Nikon FX bodies at the time were lacking.

-- hide signature --

Bill Ferris Photography
Flagstaff, AZ
http://www.billferris.photoshelter.com

Bill Ferris's gear list:Bill Ferris's gear list
Nikon D610 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Yxa
Yxa
(unknown member)
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow