80D or something lighter?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rtwinger New Member • Posts: 4
80D or something lighter?

I am looking to getting back into photography and recall the adage that the camera that you have with you is the best camera for you.

The last camera I owned other than iPhone was a Canon AE1 35mm. I expect most of my photos will be of many varied subject while I'm out and about.

The Canon 80D appears to have the features that I am looking for in a DSLR but I am concerned that this might be too heavy for travel and all day carry. I would expect to carry lighter-weight lenses, not the zooms that are as heavy as the camera.

I am curious for opinions and if anyone has purchased an 80D and wishes they had gone with the lighter option like a 77D or now the SL2?

Also it would be interesting to know if anyone went lighter and now wishes they had the 80D.

I appreciate everyones input.

Canon EOS 77D / EOS 9000D Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel SL2 (EOS 200D / Kiss X9)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow