Sideways Move to a Canon 60D

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
strictlyobiter
strictlyobiter New Member • Posts: 9
Sideways Move to a Canon 60D

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to consider my question.

My trusty seven year old Canon 550D has recently come to the end of its life after approx. 650,000 shutter actuations. The 550D was my second DSLR and it has helped me make thousands of small prints, hundreds of large prints for framing as gifts etc and a lot of photo books. Needless to say, I've been extremely happy with its performance for years and don't feel like it has held back my ability to make pleasing to me photographs. As you could guess from my gear list, the majority of my photographs arise from family occasions and vacations.

A colleague of mine has offered to sell me his barely used Canon 60D body for 250EUR. The shutter count of the camera is 2,547 (!!) and was barely used beyond a RTW trip he took many years ago. My question to you learned folks is whether or not it is worth it to a hobbyist like me to spend this 250EUR on a barely used 60D or put it towards a more modern camera? e.g. will I see exceptionally more IQ out of, say, a SL1 or a T6i which I could buy for 450EUR or so? Video functions are not important to me in this regard, I have a Lumix GX80 which I use almost exclusively for video.

Any thoughts on this topic would be appreciated.

strictlyobiter's gear list:strictlyobiter's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5–5.6 IS STM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow