D810 MUP + Electronic Curtain + Long Exp + Shutter Trigger = Help?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
incrediblehark Regular Member • Posts: 267
D810 MUP + Electronic Curtain + Long Exp + Shutter Trigger = Help?

I'm hoping someone with a D810 who uses shutter triggers can answer a quick question for me please.

I own a D610 and a D810.  With the D610 I use an IR remote to trigger the shutter in all possible variations (long exposures, etc) without any issues.  With the D810 I've found an issue which I'm hoping relates to my triggers and not the D810 itself.

Here's my set-up:  D810 + MUP + Electronic Front Curtain ON + Exposure delay 3sec + Long Exposure (more than 30sec) + Yongnuo 622n-tx and 622n-rx (they work as shutter triggers with the included Nikon 10 pin connector).

The good thing is the 622n combo works to trigger the shutter in all variations except the above set-up.  What keeps happening is I press the trigger once to start the MUP, once again to start the 3sec delay starting the Electronic Front Curtain, the exposure starts and I wait the calculated time (3mins for example) and press the trigger again and the exposure won't end.   I have to press the shutter button manually on the camera to end the exposure at this point.

I should point out that this only happens when I go over 30sec, because I can set the shutter speed on the D810 to 30sec and the camera itself will end the exposure on it's own without the trigger.  I'm routinely shooting with my 10stop filters and do 3min exposures all the time, so I need to be able to end the exposures with the trigger.

My question is:  Is this my Yongnuo triggers issue?  Is anyone else ending similar exposures with a wired trigger or a more appropriate wireless trigger?

If I just need to get a dedicated trigger to solve this issue, that's an easy fix.  If this is something that happens with all triggers I'd just be wasting my money if I bought one, only to have the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Adam

incrediblehark's gear list:incrediblehark's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +13 more
Nikon D610 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow