On Why the D850 is Revolutionary

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
L Copps Senior Member • Posts: 1,516
Re: On Why the D850 is Revolutionary

I hope the rumor about less DR than the D810 is not true. As a landscape camera, whats the point if it has less DR than the D810? I could buy a D810 for a steal and have just about as good as a landscape camera.  As for its speed in DX mode, If I want a fast DX camera, I will buy the D500.

If Nikon doesn't redesign live-view with on sensor PDAF the silent shutter feature will be a joke. Already bad enough you can only use it with live-view. Its already starting to look like a half baked step forward.

If all the above comes to pass I will skip the D850. If it has a jump in DR, magically has a HVF and sensor PDAF, then it would be the perfect camera and I would have no reason to skip it and be compelled to buy it.

But its starting to look like Nikon is building a camera not only to be a successor to the D810, but supplant the D500 as well.   Most of the time, a "do everything" camera is never as good as the sum of its parts: the D810, and D500.

-- hide signature --

β€œIn my mind's eye, I visualize how a particular... sight and feeling will appear on a print. It is an intuitive sense, an ability that comes from a lot of practice.” – Ansel Adams

L Copps's gear list:L Copps's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Yxa
Yxa
(unknown member)
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow