Loss of images.

Started 1 week ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
2deebees New Member • Posts: 1
Loss of images.

Hi,

I am new to the site, so, my apologies in advance if I don't follow the correct protocol.

I have a SONY a6000 digital camera, I've had it a couple of years, and it was purchased "USED". It has worked perfectly well, and there have not been any issues at all with it until today, and I'd appreciate any help or advice to overcome my problem.

The problem is, I have attempted to download the images I've taken today, on to my laptop, it downloaded all the images, (137), but in the folder only the first four were viewable, when I attempted to open the others, all I got was an error message, advising that it was unable to open the file, along with the image number type of file, eg DSC04016.jpg We can't open this file.

I have tried opening the images with Microsoft Photos, I've also tried Paint Shop Pro X9, and Nero MediaHome 2017, all with the same result, although the erroe message may differ slightly.

I had the same result when I tried to download them to my wife's laptop.

I tried a replacement memory card, but there was the following message on the screen:-

Image Datacese File Error

Recover?

Required time: 00:00:12

Enter

Cancel

When you select Enter, the screen clears for a moment, then the message above re-appears.

I would really appreciate any help or assistance to rectify my problem, and also, are my images lost forever.

Thanks.

2deebees.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow