Is the D750 a safe buy? Would any bodies sold today have shutter or any other issues?

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
akin_t Veteran Member • Posts: 3,018
Is the D750 a safe buy? Would any bodies sold today have shutter or any other issues?

I've never owned a Nikon DSLR. I'm considering my first 35mm body and started doing my research. D810 is too expensive for me. So I've narrowed it down to D610 and D750.

I've owned crop Canons before but I've been shooting Fuji for a while now. I am considering Nikon mainly cause of the DR. I think the menus are confusing but I'm sure I will pick it up.

I was 100% set on the D750 until I came to this forum and saw the issues with the shutters. Has this been unequivocally resolved? Reliability and consistency is important to me and I would hate to buy a camera only to have to deal with customer service. Is this a safe buy in 2017?

akin_t's gear list:akin_t's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12
Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow