a6500 so far experiencing 2 problems with it ? Help..

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MJFinelli
MJFinelli Regular Member • Posts: 377
a6500 so far experiencing 2 problems with it ? Help..

Recently sold my A7rii and went with the A6500. I travel a lot and wanted a smaller/lighter set up.

I also shoot some wedding/events here and there. Shooting a wedding next week so I took the a6500 out today to warm up.

Camera is very similar to my A7rii but 2 issues that are bothering me...

First: level in camera on screen disappears when trying to focus on subject? I always use the level in camera through view finder, my A7rii never went away. With the a6500 its there then disappears then comes back.  I always want a level shot so before taking the photo I am trying to get it level then it disappears right before taking the photo or right before it gets level.. Not sure if its a software issue? Anyone experience this issue?

Second: I keep getting this focus mode popping up. I have camera set to wide and its working find, its tracking someones face then it switches to this center focus mode with a small square?

See attached photo right below this is whats pops up... driving me crazy because I am waiting for my subject to smile then boom it switches to this mode. the square around face disappears.. I can't eye focus anymore because its going into this mode.. DRIVING ME NUTS..

Below is photo of what mode its going into, also posted two pics of my focus modes I am in. Is this a software issue or do I need to update a setting? I also am running the most recent a6500 update.

Thanks

MJFinelli's gear list:MJFinelli's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +3 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow