Two photos from Banff/BC trip

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TheVoid Senior Member • Posts: 1,633
Two photos from Banff/BC trip

Last month I enjoyed a road trip from Utah north into Montana, past the East side of Glacier NP into Banff. Spent 4 nights in Banff, then crossed into Kootenay and drove south on the other side of the Rockies to Bigfork, MT and enjoyed a few days around Flathead Lake and Glacier NP from the west side.

Banff was beautiful but much of the scenery was unfortunately obscured by wildfire smoke blowing in from BC. Once we crossed the divide into Kootenay we were actually closer to the source of the fire, but the smoke let up in some areas due to wind direction.

This is one of a group of elk we watched one evening in Banff near Lake Minnewanka. a77mII with 70-400G2 on a tripod.

This is Kootenay river along the road through Kootenay, with some of the smokey haze visible in the background. I was so impressed with the clarity and color of the rivers and streams in these parks. Glacial runoff is just beautiful. Down in the states we rarely see water like that - by the time it reaches where I live it's passed through hundreds of miles of sediment collection!

a77mII with Sony 16-50/f2.8 lens.

Thanks for looking!

-- hide signature --

Jeremy

TheVoid's gear list:TheVoid's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow