DP1 -- Curiosity Satisfied.....

Started Aug 11, 2017 | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joris1632 Senior Member • Posts: 2,027
DP1 -- Curiosity Satisfied.....

A lot has been said here about the "original" , - the "real" Foveon so in an idle moment a few weeks ago I bid $1 over the minimum of $149 just to see how it went. Well, it went to me and worse, I hadn't noticed that it was from Japan so I also got stuck with about $100 shipping and import duties/tax.

But like most things Sigma it was a very pleasant surprise when the tiny wee thing emerged from it's original packaging as a newly-born. Bought as used I couldn't see a trace of use.

First thoughts:- beautifully small: love the manual focus wheel -excellent for pre-focus when the screen is hard to see and the flash is feeble but very useful as fill in some circumstances. Processes very fast with SPP 6.5.4

I can well understand the enthusiasm of original owners and will probably have my DP1 in the shoulder bag I always have with me but for me 5Mp is too small these days.

Here's some first snaps, more here :-

https://www.dpreview.com/galleries/9506308259/photos#page=1

-- hide signature --

Joris1632

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sigma DP1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow