150-600 with a7m2 and adapters

Started Apr 10, 2017 | Discussions thread
Sanjeev Das Senior Member • Posts: 1,186
Re: 150-600 with a7m2 and adapters

Dan_168 wrote:

Sanjeev Das wrote:

Dan_168 wrote:

amb86 wrote:

Bumping this thread: Has anyone paired their A7Rii with the Tamron 150-600 g2 version? It appears the review suggests that the g2 is noticeably better then then g1 in terms of IQ and focusing speed as well?
Can anyone share their experience and findings here please? Thank you!

I only played with friend's Tamron 150-600 Version 2 against my own version1, I don't find any significant different in both AF speed and iQ even on my 1DX and 1Ds3 and his 5D4, and I did played with that on my A7RII also, the best I would call it is "usable" at best, maybe I am too used to the Canon super telephoto, these Tamron is just so slow in comparison. I will definitely NOT recommend it to anyone serious about shooting anything that moves fast with this combo,

That's right...

the A7rii already has a vert poor tracking system, pair with a slow long zoom, you just can't expect much from this combo.

Nice shot, yeah I even have a few pretty sharp BIF from my old manual focus AIS 500 too..... not sure if if I would call it the best sport lens when put next to the Nikon 500 FL ED, LOL. good the lens works out great for you.

First you say "you just can't expect much from this combo". Then want to compare the $800 lens to the $10,000 Nikkor?

Sanjeev Das's gear list:Sanjeev Das's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Sony a7R Sony a7R II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
exb
osv
exb
osv
exb
osv
osv
osv
exb
exb
exb
exb
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow