My iPhone 6 is better than my X100F

Started Aug 5, 2017 | Discussions thread
ddtan Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Re: My iPhone 6 is better than my X100F

A sad fact that to the vast majority of folk, the results from a smart phone will indeed be good enough.  There will be nothing that anyone can do about it.  When you combine accessibility with ease of use and acceptable results for most people, the search will end.  I do not think that making real cameras able to automatically do what cell phones do, will help them sell more.  Why carry a phone and a camera if just a phone will do, especially if you are just going to view the pictures on a phone.  The analogy I have used before is that of the hi fidelity music.  In the 60's and 70's, listening to quality music meant a receiver, record player and a couple big speakers.  Since the advent of the iPod, and Bluetooth and Bose, people got acceptable sound in small affordable packages, and now few people bother with full sized stereo systems.  There will always be a minority for which the capability of a real camera will be important, as there are still audiophiles who spend money on these things.  It's up to the enthusiasts among us to maximize the interest in the more technical aspects of fine photography for the next generation.

ddtan's gear list:ddtan's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
rlx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow