My iPhone 6 is better than my X100F

Started Aug 5, 2017 | Discussions thread
OP 57even Forum Pro • Posts: 12,425
Re: My iPhone 6 is better than my X100F

KeepCalm wrote:

57even wrote:

JimmyHBG wrote:

Better than Fuji? No it isnt, but its damn good for a smartphone (S7 edge, taken as raw and edited in lightroom)

Well, the autofocus is much, much better than any Fuji, S7 locks focus instantly.

When the DOF is about 100m, that's not difficult

Is the X100F which is the subject of this thread a great performer for shallow depth of field? f2 on 23mm is not exactly a portrait lens. My Canon G1X is the nearest you can get to subject separation in a fixed lens camera but by cranking the focal length up.

The OP is comparing his X100F to an iPhone so is shallow DOF which is being talked throughout the thread really a major issue here?

Its also wide angle, so if you get closer to the subject, F2 gives the same DOF as an F2 100mm lens when the subject is the same size in the frame, and the same background blur.

Of course, you do get more perspective distortion, so you have to be careful with composition, but DOF is not just about focal length and aperture, its mainly about perspective.

-- hide signature --

Reporter: "Mr Gandhi, what do you think of Western Civilisation?"
Mahatma Gandhi: "I think it would be a very good idea!"

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rlx
rlx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow