Fuji X100F or Leica Q (occasion)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Horacio Borromeo Contributing Member • Posts: 664
Re: Fuji X100F or Leica Q (occasion)

I have been to India more than a few times, and with different cameras (Nikon D700, D90, N1, Fuji X100S, Fuji XT1). Believe it or not, the Nikon N1 was the best all-around camera. The DSLRs were too heavy to lug around crowded (very) streets, and the Fujis' AF too slow for fast action in the streets. That said, IQ of DSLRs and Fujis gave me many keepers but the N1 gave me a few also. Unless you're a highly-paid professional, the smaller (and less conspicuous) the better as far as I'm concerned (in India and elsewhere but especially in India). And given the numerous but fleeting photo opportunities in India, the faster (focus and handling) the better.

PS I'm just an enthusiast/hobbyist and my photography skills leave much to be desired. Take that as the context for my comments above.

PPS Enjoy India. It is a photographer's heaven. But like anywhere else in the world, be alert for pickpockets and shysters.

Cheers,
Horacio

Horacio Borromeo's gear list:Horacio Borromeo's gear list
Sony RX100 V Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow