Nikon SB-800, they won't repair it!!!!

Started Aug 5, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pat Appleson
Pat Appleson Forum Member • Posts: 50
Nikon SB-800, they won't repair it!!!!

Hi, I sent my Nikon SB-800 Speedlite back to Nikon for a change of bulb and capacitor.

The manual says do this EVERY year.  I do it when it get yellow in the photos.  They went thru it over two years ago with no problem.  Now, I get the thing returned with a terse letter saying we no longer repair, because we can't get the parts.  Yet, they can repair all the other model Speedlites.  Does anyone know what their problem is?????  I've got two of these and was getting ready to send the other one in for the same service.  And as I recall the SB-900's melted down.

It makes me worry about getting my D2X's worked on and all my len's.  Everything has been sent back and fixed correctly.  But now it time for cleaning and back focus on my 17-55mm and 70-200mm.  I've been with Nikon since 1968.  I'm not a member of their Professional, Give me $100 service club.  You know, the one where they want to see your work and have a couple of "members" vouch for you.  Screw that, I don't need it.  And if you want to see my stuff, goto my web site.  Also, I don't need to "Borrow" a lens and then send it back.  I'll just purchase it.  I know, I'll use it again.

One things for sure, I'll be looking at second sources for strobes.  And, If Nikon gives me a tough time, It's off to see the Wizard at Canon or maybe go back to Hasselblad for one of their 30 grand digital jobs.  Besides it's a legitimate business deduction to the IRS.

The more I think about this, the madder I get.  Anyone got any suggestions????

Best Regards

Pat

Pat Appleson
www.appleson.com
pat@appleson.com

828-994-4361

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow