Looks like the 6D Mark II is selling like hotcakes despite...

Started Aug 1, 2017 | Discussions thread
MikeJ9116 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,068
Re: it's quite possible

1Dx4me wrote:

MikeJ9116 wrote:

1Dx4me wrote:

Jimmy K. wrote:

Jonathan Brady wrote:

but it doesn't make much sense...

It's hilarious... That everything must be due to some conspiracy or evil plan by Canon...

LOL, especially Jonathan Brady, i don't know, he has some kind of bad blood (or may not) going with canon

I have been a loyal Canon user for over two decades and I have a hard time making sense of what Canon has done with the 6D2, so Jonathon is not alone in his criticism. When I compare the 6D to the 6D2 I see the main improvements are a tilt screen, better AF (basically Rebel level AF), a little faster frame rate, 60p video and a deeper shot buffer. These are nice improvements but as updates for a five year old camera they seem rather thin to me. Then consider the 6D2 has marginally worse DR (or it appears to have at this time) and worse 1080p video quality due to the loss of All-I compression and it gets a little thinner.

People being critical of the 6D2 are not being unreasonable, IMO. I was looking forward to the 6D2 and had fully expected to upgrade to it. Unless something breaks for it that I don't know about right now, I won't be buying one at all. Even if the price drops to $1,500 or less.

Mike, i appreciate your concerns and i am not attempting to dismiss those concerns, however, i have a strong feeling that the camera is out and ready for a ride, i have no doubt that 6D2 will be a wonderful camera. this camera will satisfy the wish of many photographers except the ones who want to upgrade from 6D because 6D has set such high bar for performance being canon's introductory FF camera! you'll be surprised what can be accomplish with this camera!

I can get by with the 6D for quite a while.  The camera is that good.  The way I feel right now is that Canon took a big steaming dump on all us 6D owners with what they have done with the 6D2.  They left people like me out in the cold because I have no viable update path with Canon.  I don't need a 5D4 or anything higher up the food chain.  I will not be using the 6D two years from now so my only choice is to look at another brand like Nikon or Sony.  Once I go to another brand I will likely stop using Canon all together.  Maybe Canon doesn't care about what they have done to us 6D owners but they will lose loyal customers over this move with the 6D2.

i have noted this many times in different threads that i am interest in the next 5DsRII, when that camera finally comes out, it'll make these discussions look like silly noise! because the new 5DsRII *must* compete with the new nikon D850 and sony a9, next year. canon could really lose a tonne of bananas if it doesn't get that one right, IMO. just my 2 cents.

The odds are I will be a Nikon or Sony user when the dust settles for me.  Canon has about 1-2 years to give me a viable update path from the 6D.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow