North Cascades

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Brian D3300 Senior Member • Posts: 1,320
Re: Hey Nick.....

Fishchris wrote:

1. Nick_Brisbane wrote:

There's 540 pics in my gallery

My apologies for overlooking your gallery.

You have been to some very cool places, and you do have a lot of nice shots. Processed a little light / natural for my tastes, but still nice, none the less.

Now, that said, if you told me my own work was garbage (which i don't remember if you had.... You probably looked at my stuff and then couldn't get off the page quickly enough ! 😀 Lol) i would then look at your work and undrstand why you would say that.

On the other hand, if an artist's work was more heavily processed, punchy, vibrant, surreal, etc and i loved his work, and he said my worked sucked, I'd be pretty bummed, and really concerned about why that artist thought so.

Nobodies wrong here. Its all just personal tastes.

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
DPreview gallery;

But saying "Nice pics but most look oversaturated" is quite a bit different than saying his work is garbage.   I think this entire thing was way overblown.    A lot of us like critique and some don't.  I think sometimes we are just used to giving our honest input.  Me personally I want any feedback good or back when I post pictures (we get a wide range and I don't always agree but it is appreciated).

I am glad people have different post processing styles, leads to more variety.

Brian D3300's gear list:Brian D3300's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow