how to fix decentered rokinon 14mm 2.8 ?

Started Jul 29, 2017 | Questions thread
dbm305 Senior Member • Posts: 1,744
Re: how to fix decentered rokinon 14mm 2.8 ?

mandarinebul wrote:

dbm305 wrote:

The bad news is that Samyang/Rokinon lenses have essentially no points of adjustment. That's part of what keeps the price down. But it means if it comes out of the factory bad, or goes bad, it's not getting better.

Return if you can, then either join the lottery again (for a brand with poor QC the 14 has some of the greatest visible variation) or if you live in the US rent one from someone who will let you buy that copy, and repeat until you have a good one.

it is a pain, but it's also by far the cheapest way to (eventually!) get a good 14mm lens.

((:

yeah it was good experience.. i have to check every corners. is it expensive to have someone fix it?

The problem with Samyang is you probably cannot fix it. That's what I meant by  "essentially no points of adjustment". There are no points internally that a lens repair person could adjust.

If you bought it second hand then your only hope is to sell it on, saying that there are some slight asymmetries (I doubt you will lose that much) and try again, or just decide that it's good enough for most uses...

dbm305's gear list:dbm305's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha a7R II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow