GXR= too much money on Lenses 90mm Apo Lanther on it's way!

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
OP Brentliris Veteran Member • Posts: 3,405
Re: GXR= too much money on Lenses 90mm Apo Lanther on it's way!

ThomasB wrote:

Brentliris wrote:

I also will get an extension ring set, found one with 5, 8,16, and 26mm rings in metal I guess the 5mm is the one two use as a close focus aid.

That's a very useful set. Actually you can use any of them or even all together. It always depends how close you want to come.
Yesterday I've tested my Komura M39 RF-teleconverter together with the 26mm ring and the Summicron 50/2 which results in a 1:2 100mm macro lens and the result was not bad at all:

The advantage of this rather strange combination is that you get a much better depth of field compared to a real 100mm macro lens, but a comparable magnification.

BTW, the 16mm ring is actually 16.4mm and that allows you to use all of the Zenit M39 SLR lenses on your GXR-M. Those lenses are quite nice and cheaper as well as their LTM counterparts. Also longer than 135mm tele lenses are available in Zenit/M39 and easily adaptable with that ring.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Thomas
----------

Quite lovely color in that photo. Depth of field is an issue with macro so that sounds like a nice advantage here.

I think the extension ring set is a must have. I've heard the Zenit glass was interesting so that will be a plus that I can use them with a simple extension ring too.

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Ricoh GR Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow