Not to defend Canon....but this is what I found

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Flat view
digitech1n Junior Member • Posts: 27
Not to defend Canon....but this is what I found

Ok so Imaging Resource has also taken test shots with the 6DMarkii. You can do your own comparison right here (be your own judge):

I pulled two comparative shots for examples. Now, while I do find DR particularly useful, I never relied on DR the entire 11-12 years I have been shooting with DSLR cameras for my hobby (Nikon D50 was my first).

I would be coming from an EOS 60D in my case, and had my eye on the 6D markii for the low light performance of a Full Frame.

Some reasons I like Canon (not to downplay Nikon) are the lens selection, lens prices, accessory choices and, nearest and dearest, the ERGONOMICS! Yep, I just love the way their camera bodies line up with my hands...Its Personal!!

I am by no means a pixel peeper (which I consider a good thing). We'll anyways, here is what I noticed:

ISO100 - Left (6D Markii) / Right D750)

ISO6400 - Left (6D Markii) / Right D750)

Now you can pull up the link yourself and check full size files, but I noticed immediately a couple things:

- 6d markii at ISO100 seems to have captured better details and has ISO & SNR at least on part with the D750

- 6d markii at ISO6400 seems to have captured slightly better details and has ISO & SNR at least on part with the D750

Did the same test with the 6D markii and the 80D. Guess what? I found the previously mentioned results to be even more true.

What tools did I use to come to these conclusions:

Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D Nikon D50 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow