Dual System shooter again

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
John Mason
OP John Mason Veteran Member • Posts: 5,730
Re: Dual System shooter again

MEDISN wrote:

Nice shot. I need to rent an A9 and shoot some side-by-sides. My 5D3 DR isn't considerably different than my E-M5. DxOMark lists landscape DR for the A9 at 13.3 and the EM1mkII at 12.8. I wouldn't have thought a 4% difference would make much of a difference.

-- hide signature --

| Oly E-M1 mkII | Canon 5D mkIII | Oly E-M5 | Oly E-1 |
http://www.mitropoulos.photography

I think it's the fact the noise rating on the same site is 3 to 1 in favor of the A9 meaning there is more DR of a practical nature you can use before you get artifacts.  I think the exposure determinations on the two cameras are different too.  On the Olympus they are protecting highlights more yet can't pull up the shadows as much do to noise.  On this shot on the A9 I just brought the highlights down a few stops while the rest stayed almost the same.  That's my subjective impression anyway of how the two cameras would have behaved in this lighting situation without manual intervention on the exposure.

-- hide signature --

John Mason - Battle Ground, Indiana USA

John Mason's gear list:John Mason's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Sony a9 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow