New A9 user saying hello - also shoot Olympus

Started Jul 8, 2017 | Discussions thread
MedicineMan999
MedicineMan999 Senior Member • Posts: 1,383
Re: You sum up my feelings wrt v.fast glass on small format

John you beat me to it. This coming weekend I hope to do Milky way with the FE12-24...odds are never good where I live=temperate rain forest with 300+ days a year of either rain/sleet/snow/hail/clouds...if not then the Moon, well you know how that goes. I work every other week so the odds further diminish since I work at night But fingers crossed; I'd love to see 12mm against the night sky. F4 would seem insane for the Milky Way but you've shown F4 is fine with the right sensor.

Yes we need to thin the lens herd....I'd doing good so far in selling off 4 Canon bodies and 8 Canon lenses in the past few weeks/months. The a9 was the death knell for my 1DXii, it shipped away this morning. Some Canon lenses I might keep because we're also having fun with the little M5.

Thanks for pointing out the shot was in Waterton; we'll be in Glacier first of September...maybe the core will still be around that far north?

OK, keep shooting!

ooops, forgot to mention the a9 likes macro too, extension tube on the FE90

https://www.flickr.com/photos/medicineman4040/35178875713/in/dateposted-public/

MedicineMan999's gear list:MedicineMan999's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-3 Sony RX100 III Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX80 +62 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow