Nikon 24mm F1.8 for portraits!

Started 6 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Hasa Contributing Member • Posts: 686
Nikon 24mm F1.8 for portraits!

Many years ago my I loved my Minolta 24mm F2.8. It was contrasty and I loved the 24mm-perspective on the world. I have been searching for some time and now my search is over with the Nikon 24mm F1.8. It is even better! It is clearly better at F1.8 than the Tamron 15-30 @ 24mm F2.8, which is consistent with DXO ratings. However the rating difference really matters a lot in the real world. My wife's right eye is out of focus and the left is in focus, which is more than I dared hope for. The image is a bit cropped, so the faces are not at the very edge of a 24mm image, which can cause an unnatural distortion of the shape of heads.

And nope - not going to use a longer lens for these "eating at the restaurant" images. Chairs are back to back. It is not possible to "step back" for an 85mm shot. I make tons of this kind of image.

-- hide signature --

Smile and the world smiles back!

Hasa's gear list:Hasa's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35 +16 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow