How to get rid of these hot pixels?

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Htbaa Contributing Member • Posts: 564
How to get rid of these hot pixels?

I use Lightroom to edit my pictures, but am clueless how to resolve this issue. I also have Photoshop Elements but hardly know how to work with it, so I stick to Lightroom for basically all my stuff.

I tried it with noise reduction in Lightroom, but lost too much detail and the hot pixels would still be there. Tried Dfine 2 as well, but again didn't really get a desirable result.

Personally I don't mind noise, but I do mind these red and white pixels you can see in the dark parts of her fur.

Straight out of Lightroom after I processed the image. You can see the hot pixels in the darker parts

This the result of Photoshop Elements and Dfine2. It's a little better, but the hot pixels are still there and the detail has been reduced.

Is there a quick/smart solution to this issue? Or should I use the clone/retouch stamp in Lightroom? That'll be a hell lot of work!

When resizing to a smaller format it's hardly noticeable. So I wonder to what size I could print this photo and not see the hot pixels.

Htbaa's gear list:Htbaa's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E +16 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
Lan
Lan
Lan
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow