6D with better glass or 6D mkii with cheaper glass?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
1Dx4me Senior Member • Posts: 3,978
Re: 6D with better glass or 6D mkii with cheaper glass?

tbpeur01 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I currently shoot Sony APS-C but plan to make the jump to Canon full frame in the near future. With roughly $2K to spend, I have my sights on either the 6D with one L series lens or the 6D mkii with the 50 1.8 stm (to stay within budget). I mainly shoot family and occasional landscapes, and everything is for personal use at the moment. What is everyone's advice? I'm leaning towards option one with the 35 f1.4 mki but am worried about the older technology (autofocus and video capabilities). What is everyone's advice?

Thanks in advance! Tyler

6D or 6D2 isn't going to do you any good if you are using cheap lenses, you'll get frustrated over the unacceptable result! as suggested already, i'd get a 6D (used but in decent shape) and in a good shape used canon 24-70 f2.8II L 0r f4.0 L. in my experience, camera alone is not going to help IQ but a good lens makes a huge difference in making excellent shots!!!!

1Dx4me's gear list:1Dx4me's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow