TG-5, where is it made?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
keiththewheelman
keiththewheelman Junior Member • Posts: 26
TG-5, where is it made?

in the last 9 years I've purchased 8 SW/tough cameras... mostly Olympus and mostly made in China.  But  a glaring correlation has shown between place of manufacture and well a tough camera will do with me. Namely the 2 cameras that I bought that were made in Indonesia faired very poorly (one not really waterproof and the other, my most recent  died randomly... twice the original and a refurbished replacement after the original was returned repaired) while the others that were made in china faired much better 3 had taken quite a bit of abuse over an average life span of  16 months of ownership. + 1 stolen and 1 lost.  I am considering the purchase of a TG-5 but if it was made in Indonesia I might not purchase a new tough camera or look to a different brand.

your information would be much appreciated

thanks

Keith the wheelman Thorarinson

keiththewheelman's gear list:keiththewheelman's gear list
Samsung WB350F Olympus E-3 Olympus E-410 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus TG-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow