Will I regret selling my Nikon DF?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Och Elo Regular Member • Posts: 153
Will I regret selling my Nikon DF?

Some of you might have seen my earlier thread on looking for a 35mm lens for my DF.  Well instead of a lens, I got a body + lens.  The Sony RX1.  I found one at too attractive of a price to pass up.  Like the DF, it's a rather "old" camera that I've wanted to try out for a long time.

I haven't had it that long, but already I feel like the RX1 is a winner for my style of shooting.  It fits the "niche" I was looking for the DF to fill, but arguably better - a compact full-frame everyday carry type camera.

As such, I am in a bit of a conundrum with what to do with my DF.  To match the 35mm IQ I get from the RX1, I'd probably have to spend more money AND get a larger type lens.  Of course the DF has a huge advantage in that I can use other lenses with it.  I am torn between keeping the DF with the 2 rather inexpensive and smallish lenses I have already, the 50mm 1.8 and the 24-85 vs selling it.  The DF still have some decent value on the re-sale market and I could still get some decent money back for it.

Nikon Df Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
glo
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow