When to hang it up?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
brianric Veteran Member • Posts: 7,021
When to hang it up?

I always wonder when the time comes to hang it up and just wait to die. I did something actually yesterday that I never in my 14 plus years of digital photography ever did before. One of the problems with being diagnosed with Parkinson's is an increased chance of Melanoma and Alzheimer. For those that saw me wearing a long sleeve t-shirt at my three outdoor Relay for Life events this year the reason is to minimize my exposure to the sun. I can't take the doctor's advice on wearing a wide brim hat as it gets in the way of taking pictures, so I try to minimize my exposure by using sun screen. Having said that yesterday I was changing a lens on one of my E-M1 Mk II cameras. I replaced the 12-100/4.0 with the 40-150/2.8. It wasn't until this morning that I realized I didn't put the body cap back on the 12-100/4.0. I have never ever done that before. I'm very religious about that because I don't want to increase the chances of dust entering the open end of the lens, I try to minimize and chances of getting dust on the sensor. That's one of the reasons why I carry two to three cameras on an outdoor photo shoot so I don't have to change lenses out in the field. I just wonder if I'm now showing early signs of dementia.

brianric's gear list:brianric's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Nikon D810 Samsung NX1 +24 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
M_G
M_G
M_G
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow