How many people still use the Pentax K10D?

Started Jul 15, 2017 | Discussions thread
DAVID MANZE Veteran Member • Posts: 6,202
Indefatigable!

Well Ok not the Pentax K10, but the Samsung GX10, the same as the K10 but from Samsung when the two companies were linked.

I used the GX10 for a couple of years before getting the  K20, one day I found the GX10's rear LCD screen wouldn't display, it was out of guarantee. Then bingo, I found another GX10 with a broken shutter for 50 euros inc. charger and battery, I spoke to my Pentax friend and he kindly said to send it in and it came back working fine, then little used, I sold it to a friend.

At the end of the winter, his pipes froze and the GX10 and his K01 got completely flooded, drowned they remained under water for two days, he dried them out in an airing cupboard for a week at 60° C, both having a few silico-gel packets poked in the bayonet mouths.

To my (our) surprise both bodies came back to life working perfectly, drowned lenses and all, the only sign being that the lenses had a few water marks............

.......so far these two cameras seem indefatigable

-- hide signature --

Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow