Keep, exchange, or return (CZ1670)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
curiosifly Senior Member • Posts: 1,083
Keep, exchange, or return (CZ1670)

Sorry, another thread about this lens. Bought it under GAS on Amazon Prime day. Expectation wasn't high given the 580 USD price tag. I am thinking about selling my 18105 and get this lens for its smaller size. The 18105 is nice and my first impression was that I could handle its size. But over time, I found it sitting on my shelf most of the time.

So size is definitely better. The difference in hand is more than what they look like online. This lens feels more like my sel50f18.

I also wish it could auto focus faster (I feel the focus speed of 18105 is a tad slow at longer FLs). This remains to be seen.

As for soft edges and decentering, I know what I am facing at so I guess I am prepared to take a hit. I would use it to take photos of my family, so the background would be blurred most of the time anyway. But still, I'd like to check how's my copy doing (is it on average or particularly bad). Below are some boring pictures taken tonight at home.

And as for why not just using the kit lens. Well, that's a tough question. Probably I would like to have the option to use F4 and 100 mm for portrait. But I am also thinking about traveling with A6000+FE28F2 and Canon G7X. So again, this is pure GAS

For the brick pictures, I took two pictures for each FL (16 and 70 mm). The camera was flipped up side down for the second picture. However, I think I didn't do a very good job and I was too close to my subject (my fireplace wall is only that big so I have to get close to have it fill the scene).

Thanks if you could offer some inputs.

-- hide signature --

ciao

curiosifly's gear list:curiosifly's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Sony a6000 Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
Canon PowerShot G7 X
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow