Newbie Help please.. Capture One Pro (sony) and/or Affinity Photo

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dougr33 Junior Member • Posts: 29
Newbie Help please.. Capture One Pro (sony) and/or Affinity Photo

Thanks for any/all help and shared opinions!  Briefly, where I'm at:

Decided a few months ago to treat  myself to a 'real' camera, to start capturing some of my friends and family before it was too late (I'm 57, some friends and family much older!). So I got an RX100 (I), and since it made sense to understand raw, decided the $50 to upgrade to the Sony ver. of CO pro was a no-brainer.  But also found I wasn't using the RX much... too small for my gorilla hands, and while an amazing point and shoot, I thought I'd learn more with a camera with interchangeable lenses. Long story short, I got a killer deal on the a6000 with both 16/50 and 55/210 kit lenses.

So... I've tried to read up on both CO and Affinity, and have downloaded Affinity Photo  (well, paid for it, as I need something like it anyway, and $50 is a great price ~ have 14 days to decide to keep it).

I will remain strictly an amateur, and plan on staying in the Alpha family (figured learn on this for a few years, upgrade a few lenses, and if I'm still having fun, sell and get the future, amazing a6xxx).

Oyy.. finally, my question!  Shooting in RAW, of course, is it worth it for me to learn Both CO and Affinity, as apparently Affinity can open Sony Raw?  Are there some things that I could only do in CO, and I should do that, then export TIFF (or something.. Newbie!) and touch up in Affinity?  I'll mostly be shooting friends and family, mostly to show on 4k screens, and some professional prints.

Thanks for being patient with my first post.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow