X-T2 and X-T20 Autofocus issues causing high rate of blurry and out-of-focus shots with wide angel l

Started Jul 2, 2017 | Discussions thread
OP Ketil R Junior Member • Posts: 34
Re: X-T2 and X-T20 Autofocus issues causing high rate of blurry and out-of-focus shots

JiriB wrote:

I have very similar problem with my X-T2 and 18-55/2,8-4 lenses. The number of blurry photos was increasing so I decided to apply warranty claim.

What was interesting in my case: I took still photos of landscape on very good light conditions, and I used AF-S (Single focusing). So no risk on long shutter speed or movement distortion. When I realized there was a problem with focusing, I even used 1/250s and shorter for shutter speed. It was surprising, that there were perfectly focused pictures together with blurred ones while all of them were taken on the same conditions. Yesterday, after one month of claim, I received a message from the vendor saying that the camera "is ready for picking up". There was notice regarding fixing: The firmware was updated and the camera was adjusted. I am wondering, if it really helps. My firmware on the camera was 2.0. I noticed that 2.10 is available now. I could not find the issues there were soved by 2.10 version, as there is only reference to the new Manual related to 2.10 firmware update. Before I also used my Fujinon 40-150/2,8 with X-T2 but I did not notice this problem there. That is why I predicted that the culprit might be in 18-55/2,8-4 lenses.

I pray the 2.10 firmware will fix this blurry issues.

I can't tell you if the adjustment on your camera and new firmware could help you.

This thread was started due to similar problems like you describe. Perfectly focused pictures could be followed with blurred ones.  You shoud turn presentation of AF Distance indicator on and check by pressing the shutter half down if the distance set by the autofocus is reasonable. If the distance is "jumping" between pictures where the distance to the subject is equal and distances in the lower range are presented (e.g 0,5-3 m), you have the same problem as a few others with the X-T2 anf X-T20.  New firmware released for X-T20 in May did not help.

-- hide signature --

Ketil R.

Ketil R's gear list:Ketil R's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic LX100 Fujifilm X-E1 Sony a77 II Fujifilm X-T10 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow