Is there anyone out there actually using Batis 135?

Started Jul 11, 2017 | Discussions thread
Dan_168 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,713
Re: Is there anyone out there actually using Batis 135?

oriomenoni wrote:

With it's stellar price tag of 2000$ for an f2.8 lens, I still have to meet someone in my photographic acquaintances that has actually purchased the lens and is using it.
Yet, the lens seems to deliver!
However, with only 500$ or so more needed to get the 70-200 G Master (also f2.8), there doesn't seem to be much reasons left to go for the Batis. Especially now that Sony has announced a new 135 that is likely to be faster.
So... anyone out there using the Zeiss beast and wanting to share some images?

As a huge fan of 135mm, I just can't bring myself to a 135 F2.8 lens while I already have an excellent Zeiss 135 F2 APO and Samyang 135 F2, it's not even about the cost, I am willing to trade my 135 APO with a new Milvus 135 for few hundred bucks more than the Batis but will not want to go back to a F2.8 lens, also I don't like the MF ring on all Batis lens, if this one is same as the the other Batis I have or had before, so I will pass this time. some people mentioned the Sigma 135 above, now that's the lens I will get, after trying my friend's new toy, I think I will get one myself very soon. G.A.S kicked in again........( disclaimer: Size and weight means nothing to me in gear selection, in fact I am the one complaining A7R II being too small all the time and wish Nikon buys this sensor and put in in their D5 body, so......)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow