Is there anyone out there actually using Batis 135?

Started Jul 11, 2017 | Discussions thread
terryreid
terryreid Senior Member • Posts: 2,737
Re: Is there anyone out there actually using Batis 135?

biza43 wrote:

kelly15 wrote:

Mirrorless friendly or not the value os this lens is not 2000 euro IMHO.

Around 800/1000 euro it is acceptable as the only benefit compared to Sigma 135 is the reduction of weight.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. But then you really need to check the price of Zeiss lenses from other ranges: ZM, Milvus, Batis, Loxia. We are talking about a lens that is practically optically perfect, from Zeiss, that features (true) APO, T* coating, OSS.

How one expects such a lens to be cheaper than the other Batis lenses is difficult to understand.

I agree, lenses of this quality are not inexpensive and the reduction in weight is huge compared to the Sigma 39.8oz vs 21.6 that is a LOT! That would be worth it just for the weight difference to me and frankly would rule the Sigma out entirely not to mention adapted lenses do not perform like native lenses. As much as I want the Sony if it weighs that much its going to be a close call for me I already have enough heavy glass with the 70-200 & 100-400GM (shortly) I do not need any more.

-- hide signature --

Please do not put words in my mouth. Nothing can be further from the truth.

terryreid's gear list:terryreid's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony a7R IV Sony a1 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow