Is there anyone out there actually using Batis 135?

Started Jul 11, 2017 | Discussions thread
terryreid
terryreid Senior Member • Posts: 2,738
Re: Is there anyone out there actually using Batis 135?

biza43 wrote:

oriomenoni wrote:

With it's stellar price tag of 2000$ for an f2.8 lens, I still have to meet someone in my photographic acquaintances that has actually purchased the lens and is using it.

Batis is not the type of lens I see often being used. Actually, Sony ILCE 7 is not a system I see people using around me. Small market I suppose.

Yet, the lens seems to deliver!
However, with only 500$ or so more needed to get the 70-200 G Master (also f2.8), there doesn't seem to be much reasons left to go for the Batis.

The Batis 135 weighs around 600g, less than half the weight of the zoom. That is reason enough for me (I am saving for one). I think Zeiss made the right choice of making a lens that is robust, light weight, fits well with the ILCE cameras, and it is optically probably perfect for all purposes and intents. Of course they could have made it f2, but then it would be the size and weight of the Milvus 135; not really "mirrorless-friendly".

Especially now that Sony has announced a new 135 that is likely to be faster.

Have they?

The size and weight is one thing I really like besides the image quality. It is exactly the size of a Sony 90 macro only a half and inch shorter very good package with a A7. I really do not use this FL that much yet but need to play with it some more. That is a mental thing I guess because I often put my 90 Macro on my a6500 which is the same FL and like it a lot. If I use it a lot I probably will end up going with the Sony 135. I like AF/MF focus hold button for eye focus and find it easier to use the same lens style as my 50, 85 and three Sony Zooms which are all configured the same. Hopefully the IQ will even be better that would be nice.

-- hide signature --

Please do not put words in my mouth. Nothing can be further from the truth.

terryreid's gear list:terryreid's gear list
Sony RX100 V Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony a7R IV Sony a1 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow