Is there anyone out there actually using Batis 135?

Started Jul 11, 2017 | Discussions thread
biza43 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,285
Re: Is there anyone out there actually using Batis 135?

oriomenoni wrote:

With it's stellar price tag of 2000$ for an f2.8 lens, I still have to meet someone in my photographic acquaintances that has actually purchased the lens and is using it.

Batis is not the type of lens I see often being used. Actually, Sony ILCE 7 is not a system I see people using around me. Small market I suppose.

Yet, the lens seems to deliver!
However, with only 500$ or so more needed to get the 70-200 G Master (also f2.8), there doesn't seem to be much reasons left to go for the Batis.

The Batis 135 weighs around 600g, less than half the weight of the zoom. That is reason enough for me (I am saving for one). I think Zeiss made the right choice of making a lens that is robust, light weight, fits well with the ILCE cameras, and it is optically probably perfect for all purposes and intents. Of course they could have made it f2, but then it would be the size and weight of the Milvus 135; not really "mirrorless-friendly".

Especially now that Sony has announced a new 135 that is likely to be faster.

Have they?

-- hide signature --

www.paulobizarro.com
http://blog.paulobizarro.com/

biza43's gear list:biza43's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow