D500 and D750 low light capabilities

Started Jul 10, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Marc Hetu Junior Member • Posts: 31
D500 and D750 low light capabilities

In the future I am looking toward upgrading my camera body (currently have a D5200). I shoot a lot of stage photography and use a Sigma 18-250 to be able to snap between wide angle and tight focus on the fly (if anyone hears whispers of a faster lens with the same focal length range, let me know). My main problem is the limitation of the D5200 sensor. I was at a camera store today, told a sales associate this story and how I was thinking of upgrading to the D750 in the future. They told me that interestingly enough the D500 performs, pretty much, just as well as the D750 in low light situations (assuming the same ISO). Is there anybody that can confirm this? It would be great for me because I could then use the same glass I already have while gaining performance.

Marc Hetu's gear list:Marc Hetu's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Tamron SP 70-200 F2.8 G2
ANSWER:
Nikon D500 Nikon D5200 Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow