Switching from full-frame DSLR to E-M1 II? Regrets?

Started Jul 9, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jim Lee Senior Member • Posts: 1,060
Switching from full-frame DSLR to E-M1 II? Regrets?

Has anyone here switched from a full-frame camera system to micro four-thirds? If so, have you had any regrets?

I'm a professional newspaper photographer, and I love my Canon system. But I turn 52 in a few weeks and I have bad arthritis in my back and knees. I love the results I get with my f/2.8 lenses, especially my 300/2.8, but the past few years my arthritis has gotten really bad and I would really like to find a lighter system.

I am really attracted to the Olympus OM-D E-M1 II camera and the Olympus Pro lenses. I've been reading lots of reviews, mostly good, some bad, and have tried the camera in the store. I know I would be giving up some shallow depth of field control, and sacrificing some high ISO quality. But overall it appears to be a good system.

Has anyone here also made the switch from a full-frame DSLR to a micro four-thirds camera? If so, I would like to hear feedback on your experiences and how you feel about the new system. And if anyone has samples of indoor or night sports shot with an Olympus, I'd love to see some more samples from real world experience.

Thanks!

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
M_G
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow