Exactly as advertised!

Started Jul 7, 2017 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
albatros46 New Member • Posts: 6
Exactly as advertised!

I've been using the Tamron 15-30mm for over a year on both the D610 and the D750 with fantastic results.  I do  a lot of macro photography, but the lack of Depth Of Field (DOF) with macro is discouraging at times.  The VR on the 15-30 Tamron allows you to shoot several stops higher than what you might be shooting with your macro lens, and in doing so it gives you much better DOF.  This is a solid, heavy lens that feels like it belongs on the D750,  The lens seems to stay free of dust and water under many adverse conditions.  I like the plastic lens cover and it has never fallen off.  It is seldom mentioned that it maintains constant aperture throughout the zoom range.    The close-up photography is an added bonus but it was purchased primarily for landscape and astronomical photography.

I own several great lenses but this one seems to be on the camera now more than any of the others.

albatros46's gear list:albatros46's gear list
Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 Nikon D40 Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro +3 more
Tamron SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Wideangle zoom lens • Canon EF, Nikon F (FX), Sony/Minolta Alpha DT • A012
Announced: Sep 12, 2014
albatros46's score
Average community score
Nikon D610 Nikon D750 Pentax FA 15-30mm F2.8 Tamron 15-30mm F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow