How much do you trust Sigma autofocus on a Canon body?

Started Jul 7, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NobodyImportant New Member • Posts: 12
How much do you trust Sigma autofocus on a Canon body?

I'm thinking of grabbing the Canon 6D ii in the future, but before then I'm thinking of grabbing Sigma's 50mm 1.4 art and coupling it with my Canon 80D.

For me, the Sigma is the best I can possibly get since Canon doesn't have anything nearly as sharp wide open. However, I deeply really on autofocus. The dual pixel AF has been great, but I'm really wondering how much I can trust Sigma glass from an AF point of view.

Also, I've had not the best initial impression of autofocus when I was using my Canon 50mm 1.8 ii. It's been slightly better since I upgraded to the 50mm 1.8 stm, but I'm still not exactly confident like I am with using all the end up Nikon stuff from my work, but that's slightly different.

TL;DR: I want to get a 6D ii later and pair it with a Sigma 50mm (and other Sigma global vision lenses). How heavily do you trust through the viewfinder autofocus with Sigma lenses?

Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow