Pleasantly surprised by SL2

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Mitchell Forum Member • Posts: 99
Pleasantly surprised by SL2

Kinda of surprised (but pleased) at the SL2 announcement (had pretty much given up on a successor) - I had been fairly set on swapping my m43 gear for a Fuji XT20 but think I'll hold off a bit longer and see what the SL2 (or EOS200D) feels like...

I had a 100D for a while which I rather liked other than the shallow hand grip and dim tunnel like VF.  Looks like they fixed the hand grip at least...

Only thing that gives me pause is that in the UK, you can get a grey import 80D for not that much more.  OK, its a bit of a brick but does have a much nicer VF and AF.

Might get tricky...

Fuji XT20 - great IQ and jpegs, good lens selection, all round competent but don't really gel with the retro aesthetics and controls.

Canon 200D - no doubt good IQ and pleasant jpegs but probably not quite as good as Fuji's, fuss free simplicity and modern ergonomics.

Canon 80D - same IQ as its smaller cousin but better VF and AF but heavy beast.  Not interested at UK retail prices but seems good value at grey import prices.

(In an ideal world, I'd buy a Canon mirrorless camera but there is something about the UI and controls on them I dislike - much prefer the DSLR's in that respect)

Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D) Canon EOS Rebel SL2 (EOS 200D / Kiss X9) Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NWT
NWT
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow