Yongnuo YN24EX twin flash user experience + diffusers

Started Jun 29, 2017 | Discussions thread
orionmystery
orionmystery Senior Member • Posts: 2,056
Re: Yongnuo YN24EX twin flash user experience + diffusers

SteB wrote:

orionmystery wrote:

Great write-up on the YN24EX, Stephen. Thanks for showing us your new concave diffuser too. The light on the ladybird looks great. I would be interested in seeing a frontal shot a jumping spider, or profile of a frog to see what the catch lights are like!

Thanks Kurt. I went out to find some more testing subjects the other day. Unfortunately on the fence where I usually find quite a few jumping spiders I only found this one Zebra spider and she wasn't very cooperative, and kept turning away from me. I managed to grab this one shot before she turned away completely. As you can see I just missed focus on the eye, but it's enough to see what the catchlights are like. The catchlights are a bit predictable. I can use a front light tent in addition to these as long you raise the flash heads up.

Thanks for the reply and the jumping spider pic, Stephen. Would you consider adding a layer of light tent just to get rid of/minimize the double catch lights?

Also, I would love to feature your latest concave diffuser and YN24EX in my blog. Let me know once you have all the images up on your Flickr!

-- hide signature --

Orion Herp Adventure: http://OrionHerpAdventure.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow