I did it!!!! new Pen-F

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Bangers and Mash
OP Bangers and Mash Senior Member • Posts: 2,440
Re: I did it!!!! new Pen-F

kirkmc wrote:

Bangers and Mash wrote:

kirkmc wrote:

The black is much cooler. I got one a few weeks ago. I'd been thinking about the X100F as well, but I was upgrading from an E-M10, so I have lots of lenses. I really like it. Take some time to read the manual and learn all the controls; there's lots of neat stuff in it.

-- hide signature --

I write about things: www.kirkville.com

I really liked the X100F, it takes great images from what I saw, but the lack of IS is what steered me away from it. I believe we both made the right choice going for the Pen-F, and you're right, we have the lenses for it.

I will be sitting down with the manual I just downloaded. Looking for a third party publication, but nothing can be found. Hopefully there is one out there.

No, you'll have to make do with the manual. Spend some time exploring the color and monochrome profiles; learn how you can tweak them. It's one of the most interesting part of the camera for me. When I shoot, I use RAW + JPEG plus I bracket a number of the various profiles and filters.

-- hide signature --

I write about things: www.kirkville.com

Shouldn't be too much of a problem as I'm quite familiar with the menu system anyway since I use the EM5.

Looking forward to playing around with many of those features. I'm particularly interested in the mono choices.

-- hide signature --

A smart person knows what to say, a wise person knows whether or not to say it.

Bangers and Mash's gear list:Bangers and Mash's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow