X-T2 vs. X-T20 for Everyday/Travel

Started Jun 26, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CameraQ177 Junior Member • Posts: 37
X-T2 vs. X-T20 for Everyday/Travel

Hey folks,

Just a quick question: I find myself still torn between an X-T2 and an X-T20, both with the 18-55 kit (I am only a hobbyist). I am heavily leaning toward the X-T2 for the joystick and EVF, but am stuck. At this point, I'm looking into them for two reasons:

1) Mirrorless!

2) Lighter! I want a smaller camera to use on the streets and around NYC when I'm just out for the day. I'd still use my DSLR for Landscapes, but the Fuji would be for family events, impromptu walks around the city, etc.

Does anyone feel the X-T2 does not make a good everyday/travel camera? I don't want to end up dumping the cash into it only to find that it's basically the same as a DSLR! I've only held an X-T20 and X-T2 in store, so it's hard to tell what it would feel like after an hour or two. Is the X-T20 too small? The X-T2 too big? Any insight helps

My goal would be just a camera to take with me whenever I go out, but not be too heavy while also not sacrificing IQ. For example, I just got back from a vacation in California and, during the day--when not out specifically to take photos, would've loved having a smaller camera to sling around my shoulder vs. my clunky DSLR. Thank you!

Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow