Some new pics from Fogo Island (Newfoundland)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
camperbc
camperbc Senior Member • Posts: 2,072
Some new pics from Fogo Island (Newfoundland)

I meant to post some new ultra-wide angle (8mm fisheye) Newfoundland landscapes here, but mistakenly posted them on "Open Talk Forum". (things are much different here since I used to be a daily poster, so please bear with me!) I tried to delete the posts to add them here instead, but I was unable to, so if you are interested in viewing them, pop over to Open Talk for a look-see. (It's entitled "Some Fogo Island ultra-wide angle landscapes")

So, I will add a few recent photos here, but not of my typical "fisheye" variety for a change. I still have my four Sony DSLR's, (A200, A500, A550, A57) and I use the A550 and A57 for almost all of my digital shooting nowadays. I am still pleased with these aging cameras, and to this day I do not feel any need to "upgrade". I have a large collection of vintage Minolta Maxxum glass, and I am very happy with the results I am getting from these reliable old lenses mounted onto my Sony bodies. I am also quite pleased with my trusty (and cheap!) Sony 35mm f/1.8 prime, which I used for a few of these shots.

Maybe someday I will move on up to some new equipment, but my motto is if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Is anyone else still regularly using the old Minolta lenses, or has everyone moved on to newer gear?

Glen
www.FocusOnNewfoundland.com

Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A57
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow