Review Panasonic lumix FZ 1000

Started Jun 24, 2017 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
jebo1 Regular Member • Posts: 255
Review Panasonic lumix FZ 1000

I started a couple of years ago with a nikon d3200 plus a couple of lenses. I was not really satiefied with the weight and versatility. I then bought a canon sx 60 which I really liked but the quality for landscapes was a bit disappointing. Most of the times I use the camera on my cycle tours. I have been using the fz1000 now for a couple of months and the quality of my work is really improved. It is great all in one camera. Thanks to the great leica lens the quality of the images is not really inferior to the d3200. Certainly not with the budget lenses. I can recommend this camera as a great all in one solution capable of great photo's and video's.

The reach of the lens (24-400mm) seems a bit limited but the panasonic has the so called intellizoom this crops the image to 800 mm. The quality at this 800 mm is better than the optical 800 mm of the canon sx 60. The fz 1000 has a far greater sensor. In good light you can make some great pictures of birds. ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/148981344@N02/34736252566/in/dateposted-public/ ) Not in flight but sitting.

The Fz 1000 takes great landscape photo's! This is where smaller sensor camera's lack detail.

I have bought only for photography but this camera can also make great 4 k movies. I was asked to take some photo's of my sons choir singing in a church. After taking some shots (completely silent!) with existing light, I decided to experiment and pussed the movie button. We did not expect much but the sound with buikt in microphone and image were excellent! Quiet a surprise.

Other reviews mention plastic built and feeling but I think it is a great quality product still made in Japan for a very acceptable price.

I am still thinking about buying a nikon p900 especially for birds.

jebo1's gear list:jebo1's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D700 +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
20 megapixels • 3 screen • 25 – 400 mm (16×)
Announced: Jun 12, 2014
jebo1's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
okay
= community average
Nikon Coolpix P900 Nikon D3200 Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow