getochkn Regular Member • Posts: 211
Re: How Does It Compare?

mvrbnsn wrote:

Howard S wrote:

mvrbnsn wrote:

Markintosh wrote:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/59723363

-- hide signature --

Do any of you know how the EFS-55-250 would compare on the EOS M (original M in my case) to the EF-M 55-200? In terms of IQ, etc.

I actually just ordered an EF-M 55-200 refurb ($230), but also saw a listing at a local camera store for a used in very good condition EF-S 5-250 for less than that.

My presumption was that the EF-M lens with IS might be lighter, more compact. However if the IQ of the EF-S is equal or better I can save a little money.

Thanks!

Here's the size difference with the original 55-250

Thanks all. I was able to get the refurb 55-200 EF-M for a good price so I think I will try it out. It will be cheaper than the new 15-150.

BTW, as I said I still have the original M and I concur with those who like the 22mm a lot. And I also have found the nifty fifty with the adapter to be a stellar combination. I have had much success with that lens.

I agree, I love my nifty fifty and the 22.  I tend to like the blurry bokeh a lot though so the high aperture is what I'm after.

getochkn's gear list:getochkn's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Canon EF-M 28mm F3.5 Macro IS STM Canon EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow