Auto-ISO in my X100F shows max ISO all the time

Started Jun 23, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CoolHandLu Regular Member • Posts: 405
Auto-ISO in my X100F shows max ISO all the time

I know this came up last year in a thread, but the solution in that thread (changing the AE/AF-Lock mode) didn't work for me.

My issue is pretty simple - whenever I'm in Auto-ISO mode the EVF always shows the maximum ISO number (and, obviously, the exposure in the EVF is almost always over-exposed).  Half-depressing the shutter button doesn't change anything - I still see an overexposed scene with the ISO indicating whatever maximum ISO I chose.  It's only until AFTER I take the shot and chimp will I see what ISO setting the camera actually selected (and the camera does a good job at that point - no complaints there). That, of course, defeats the entire purpose of an EVF.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution? I called up FujiFilm and the tech agrees this doesn't seem correct. My Firmware version is up to date (1.01). I otherwise LOVE this camera. maybe I have a bad copy?

Thanks!
Brian

-- hide signature --

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve immortality through not dying. (Woody Allen)

CoolHandLu's gear list:CoolHandLu's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon D700 Nikon D300S Nikon D5100 +17 more
Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow